Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lookie! A new toy!!!

I openly admit that I have far too many crafty interests and toys.  It's obvious that I have gone a little overboard when my dining room is no longer available for dining!  We have started referring to the formal dining room as the junk room.. ok, I know... that can't be good!

Anyway...how I came to have a new toy happened during the Texas sized snow/ice storm when we were all stuck at home for several days and Briley and I were watching a little too much TV, namely Home Shopping Network! LOL  Well really now, you can only watch so much Wizards of  Waverly and Hannah Montana before it's obvious that you need to change your viewing choices.  When a 41 year old woman can sing along with the show's opening songs, we've got a problem.

Oh I know what you're thinking.  I should have used the 'down' time to sew or quilt or do something productive like clean my craft/junk room, but really I just wasn't feeling that as an option.  

Irregardless of how many better alternatives there were for me to spend my time, Briley and I stumbled upon a 30 minute demonstration of this little jewel.... A Yudu Personal CardShop Machine/Screen Printer.  She and I were both completely enthralled with all that this could do.  Of course we were, we were being sucked in by their highly effective  marketing ploy. :)

 They got me... I called in on the 800 line and joyfully offered my credit card number and soon my very own Yudu was headed to our house.  It's amazing how easy and fast that HSN makes the purchase process, there's hardly any time at all to have buyer's remorse and WHAM!  That little toy is sitting on my front porch, compliments of the UPS man!

So where am I going with this?  I'll tell  ya'.... guess where this little joy is in my home?  Yep, you guessed it.  Right smack dab in the middle of my dining room/junk table with all of my other craft goodies.  Still in the unopened box and reminding me that I fell hook, line, and sinker for an impulse purchase.

(I still say I was suffering with cabin fever and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Hopefully, Briley and I can dig this out of the box this weekend and get busy playing around with our new toy. I'm sure we will enjoy it and put it to good use, but in the mean time it's just sitting there, mocking me! :)
Now if you would like to see all of the wonderful things this toy will do, click here!

1 comment:

Heather said...

how neat!!!! I want one..lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin